We can hardly believe it, but this month, AJT will be 5 years old! We couldn’t be prouder of our boutique translation agency by the sea and are so thankful for all the amazing experiences we’ve had and the fantastic relationships we’ve built along the way! There are so many people to mention that have contributed to our growth and success. AJT would not be the same without our amazing team of dedicated and talented colleagues in Cornwall and all around the world as well as our trusted partner and favourite translation technology Smartling – we wouldn’t be where we are today without you!
Here are just a few highlights (in no particular order). In the past 5 years AJT have:
- Worked and continue to work with more than 50 trusted and dedicated freelance translators from around the world that have helped grow our company and define who we are today
- Become preferred referral partner of pioneering translation technology Smartling (we love you guys!)
- Worked with the Cornish support program Get Set for Growth to help grow our business
- Eaten a lot of Kinder chocolate
- Taken part in the discussion panel ‘Transparency through technology’ at the Localization World conference in Dublin together with Smartling and their clients Runkeeper and Shutterstock
- Won the Business Person of the Year Award at the Get Set For Growth Business Awards ceremony (well, Anja did)
- Met Nick Hewer and had a (professional) girl crush on angel investor Dale Murray – all in one day!
- Expanded our core team from two to six members
We feel very lucky, privileged and proud to have built a successful and sustainable business in Cornwall, living and working by the sea, whilst helping companies around the world spreading their word to new markets and getting connected with new people, cultures and possibilities.
A massive thank you goes out to all our dearly valued collaborators – Smartling, our talented freelancer team, our customers from Cornwall, England and beyond and of course our core team who help define our voice and what we believe in every day.
We can’t wait to see what the next five years have in store for us.
P.S. In case you are wondering what we’re doing in the picture – we are trying to spell the number ‘Five’ 🙂