Administrator (home based)
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated individual with strong communication skills and a keen eye for detail to join our team as an administrator. You will be supporting our Head of Operations Nikki with administrative tasks to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of our business, as well as supporting the project management team to manage and grow our pool of trusted freelance linguists.
What are the minimum requirements?
- Excellent communication and language skills in oral and written English
- IT literate with the ability to quickly adapt to new cloud-based tools
- Good numerical skills
- Detail oriented
- Highly organised
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience of working in an administrative role
- UK based with the ability to work remotely (please note we are not visa sponsors so applicants must have the right to work and remain in the UK)
- A solid and reliable internet connection
What are the perks?
- Work as part of a passionate and supportive team in an ethically minded company
- Work from anywhere in the UK
- Computer equipment will be provided
- Flexible working hours
- Take part in regular training sessions
- Annual training budget for external training
- Paid maternity leave
- Workplace pension
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- Job title: Administrator
- Location: Home based
- Starting salary: £20,000 GBP per annum
- Employment type: Full-time
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm full-time
- Start date: Immediate; flexible
What kind of work is it?
Working as an administrator is a varied role, involving both detail-oriented administrative tasks as well as communication tasks. As part of your role, you will:
- update our records relating to our freelance linguists
- prepare spreadsheets with financial information for month-end and payroll
- respond to emails from linguists and clients about invoice-related questions
- liaise with the project management team to ensure all projects are captured for month-end
- help to grow our pool of talented freelance linguists with regular recruitment campaigns
- schedule reviews and meetings with our internal team
- take minutes at team meetings
- proofread internal and external content before publication
Frequently asked questions
What is our ideal candidate like?
Our ideal candidate shares our passion for languages and culture, and our commitment to delivering high-quality translations to our customers.
Administration is a multi-faceted role that often involves working on several tasks at the same time. Good organisational skills, a talent for multitasking and a keen eye for detail are essential for this role.
A big part of being an administrator is to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders in the company – linguists, project managers and management. Our ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and is comfortable speaking to colleagues and customers on the phone, by email and via online messaging tools. Speaking another language would be a bonus but is not essential for this role.
Experience in an administrative role is a definitive advantage.
Other personal qualities we appreciate include a positive attitude towards work, the ability to adapt quickly, and a general thirst to learn new things.
We will provide onboarding and training when you start in your role, so that you are equipped to do your best work.
Why work for AJT?
We are a UK-based translation company with a strong focus on collaboration and teamwork. If you enjoy the freedom of working from home but also love the idea of working as part of a team of passionate language lovers, then this could be the ideal role for you.
We care about our people: We are guided by our core values (ethical, passionate, nurturing, collaborative and transparent) and a strong Code of Ethics. We are an equal opportunities employer and we make sure that everyone has access to the same opportunities for growth and development. We promote an environment that is free from all forms of discrimination and value the diversity of all people.
We care about our planet: We take the environmental impact of our operations very seriously and work hard to reduce our impact as far as possible. We ensure that our activities have a minimal impact on the environment and strive to operate as environmentally responsibly and efficiently as possible.
How do I apply and what is the application process?
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please quote JOBADMIN2021 in the subject line of your email.
If you are eligible for the role, the first step in the application process would be an informal video chat, so we can get to know each other and provide more detailed information about the role.